Saturday, November 3, 2012

Notable November.

I seriously love November! It's made up of the perfect combination of excitement, family, holiday, & weather. Don't get me wrong I love December with Christmas and all, but November is wonderful too- you have a holiday, but you are also still looking forward to next months festivities. I love the excitement of looking forward to the holidays. Also, November is still fall, but it also has a bit of winter if you are lucky enough to get the first snowfall of the year towards the end!

This November my baby brother with be turning 18! My parents will officially have children that are all legal adults! Craaaazy. I seriously can't believe how grown up he is becoming. He'll be graduating in May, and has already received a few college acceptance letters. He has a (Mexican-yay!) girlfriend and she's totally adorable! A few weeks ago when my family from all over the country (Washington, California, Minnesota, etc.) were in town she came over and totally handled it like a champ! I remember when she walked into the house and everyone was hanging out in the kitchen, my brother ran upstairs to change out of his work clothes and left her stranded, surrounded by about 15 people she had never met before. She didn't even hesitate to introduce herself and strike up conversation. It was my first time meeting her as well, and I was impressed. I know I wouldn't have been able to seem so comfortable so fast, probably not even at this age! I'm really excited to see where my brother ends up going to school and what he ends up studying. I have a feeling he will love college!

Another thing to love about November is Thanksgiving Break! At ISU we get the whole week off of school,  it's kind of like a pre-winter break. Hopefully this year I will use it wisely and work on some papers that are due during finals, but we will see if that actually happens...


I hope everyone's November is starting off right. If not, a few cozy blankets and a cup of hot chocolate might do the trick! :)

Last but not least---my November monthly goals:

1. Practice meditating
2. Eat my veggies--daily!

We shall see how these go, wish me luck!

xoxo, Kaila

No comments:

Post a Comment