Friday, November 30, 2012

November Reflection

I really don't believe that tomorrow is December. I feel like i'm running out of time to live. Aahhhh.

If you don't remember, I set two monthly goals for these past 4 weeks. They were:

My November Goals:

1. Practice meditating. 

2. Eat my veggies--daily! 

Wondering how I did?! Well...

Practice meditating: 
Oh, I practiced. Once. It's really hard to completely clear your mind of ALL thoughts. The second I start thinking of nothing, it makes me think about how I'm thinking about nothing and my mind just takes it from there, haha. But, practice makes perfect (or at least close to it), and the reality of the fact is that I didn't practice. It actually wasn't something I really remembered. Other than the beginning of the month when I set my goals, meditating was never really on my mind. My brain has been occupied with plenty of other things this month. So, I failed.

Eat my veggies--daily!:
After setting this goal I went to the grocery story and bought lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, peas, & a variety of peppers. I soon discovered that I can't sit down and eat a bowl of raw peppers, it's just kind of boring and you end up burping up peppers for the rest of the day. I found that I don't mind eating salads, carrots, corn, or peas regularly, so I stuck to those. I have eaten them everyday, with the exception of 2 or 3 days throughout the month. I feel I have succeeded, and i'll continue to make my mama proud by eating my greens. :)


As for December, the only goals I am setting is surviving finals & enjoying break. December should be rather interesting. I'm excited to finish this semester and go back to the suburbs. I'm ready for a Thanksgiving Break Part 2 where I spent a lot of time with old friends at the new bar in town. I'll be home for two weeks, and then on the 27th at 3am i'll be off to O'hare. Hours later i'll be landing at LAX (still have no idea who will be waiting for me there, but there's time to figure out the details). I cannot wait to see palm trees again! I'm nervous about this trip for some reason. I've never traveled so close to Christmas before, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that the airport experience goes smoothly. As for everything else, I just have to remember that California is one of my favorite places and has some of my favorite people!

Until next time,
xoxoKaila

No comments:

Post a Comment