Thursday, November 15, 2012

What Do You Want To Do?

Bucket lists are such a fun thing to have, so here's mine...


  • Visit all 50 states.       
              -This has been a goal of mine for years. I've been to 12 states, so I still have quite a ways to go. Also, just simply passing through them doesn't count. You have to stay overnight or at least a whole day (preferably minimum of 24 hours-although I must admit I do count Indiana even though i've never actually stayed there for a full 24, but i've been there enough times for it to count!)


  • Live in a city. 
             -Chicago would be fun, but I won't limit myself. I think city life would be great for a year or two when I am still young. Maybe grad school with provide me with this opportunity (UCLA anyone? ;]).


  • Work somewhere that genuinely makes me happy. 
            -I am going to have to have a job that helps others in order for me to truly enjoy it. I'm interested in helping people who are living in poverty or maybe helping teenagers earn their citizenship. Not really sure exactly what I want to do, maybe even working with children through DCFS/CPS.


  • Graduate College. 
           -If all goes as planned, this time next year I will be preparing to walk across that stage!


  • Ride in a horse drawn carriage downtown Chicago during wintertime. 
           -Every time I go to the city during the holidays I always wish it was me riding in one of the horse drawn carriages, so cute & so romantic [especially if it's snowy]... one day.


  • Have a New Years Eve kiss. 
         -Yeah, I haven't had a midnight kiss yet, what is up with that? Sadddd.


  • Interview random strangers just for the fun of it. 
         -I love love love learning about new people, just hearing their stories. It would be so fun to be able to approach someone and start interviewing them just for the purpose of getting to know them and learning about their experiences in life.


  • Become trilingual. 
        -Well, I already know English. & my next language will definitely be Spanish (as soon as I graduate I'm enrolling in Spanish courses). But for my 3rd language I think I will pick something totally random and cool. Like Russian.


  • Be able to buy a brand new car, fresh off the lot. 
         - Can't wait to do this one, it will be so exciting!


  • Write a book/get something published. 

  • See the aurora borealis. 
          -I want to do this soooo bad & soon! 

  • Spend NYE in Times Square. 
           - I've heard bad things about NYE in Times Square, just because of how crowded it gets and whatnot... but I don't even care, that's not going to stop me. I want to be able to say i've been there to see the ball drop. 

  • Send my parents on a nice vacation. 
         -I will never be able to repay my parents for all the things that they have done and continue to do for me. They are two amazing people that have worked hard to create a good life for their 3 kids and 2 grandchildren. Although I will never be able to give them everything that they deserve, I do want to send them on an amazing vacation. 

  • Experience a sunset and sunrise on a beach. 
          -I've actually already experienced the sunset, but a sunrise would be beautiful too. Maybe i'll be able to do that next month after a long night of partying in LA? haha

  • Drop a bunch of money on a designer outfit and big designer sunglasses then walk down Rodeo Drive or Sunset Blvd acting like i'm famous. 
          -Of course i'd keep the tags on and return it all after (kidding).
  • Learn how to play the piano/keyboard. 
        -I love the piano. My parents actually got me a keyboard years ago for Christmas, but I never learned to play  anything other than Jingle Bells and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star [& trust me, even then all the keys were labeled]. My ultimate goal is to be able to play 'Clocks' by Coldplay. 

  • Fall asleep under the stars in the back of a pickup truck. 
         -Go somewhere away from the city lights, curl up in blankets... sounds perfect, doesn't it? 

  • Own a piece of Tiffany's jewelry. 
        -I love their key collection that came out a few years ago. I'm sure by the time I am able to afford Tiffany's they will have tons of new things, but I love the key necklaces. 

  • Be someone's mentor. 
         -I've seen how powerful a mentor can be [not personally, but through friends] and I want to be that to someone else.

  • Witness sea turtles hatching and running for the ocean. 
         -If you don't know what I am talking about go watch 'The Last Song' or youtube it. I love turtles, this would be absolutely amazing. 

  • Fall in love. 
         -The kind of love that is passionate and full of laughter. 

  • Read the Harry Potter series. 
         -I feel like everyone that has read the Harry Potter books totally love them. I kind of feel like i'm missing out by not being apart of this 'group', hahaha. I know it's a little late, but I feel like if everyone loves them then i'm clearly missing out on something. 

  • Change a life. 
         -Sounds cliche right? Well I want to do it. And no, not just like teaching someone something. But actually changing their life and providing them with a source of happiness. You know when people ask the question 'Who is the one person you admire/that has impacted you the most?' Well I want to be someone's answer. I want to impact someone's life in such a positive way that it's unbelievable. 




My list continues to grow, but this is what I have for now. 
xoxo Kaila



2 comments:

  1. Wow!

    We definitely have a lot in common darling. I was just talking about this. Esp, both NYE goals lol.

    I'm sure you're going to make a great impact <3

    ReplyDelete