Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dogs, Bikes, & Playgrounds.

This past weekend at home was such a good weekend!

Saturday I spent much of the afternoon with my dog, she is my best friend after all. We took advantage of the beautiful weather and went on a walk followed by her getting to lay out in the front yard. She loved it. Once we went inside I decided I needed to start going through all the things in my room. Within minutes it went from cleaning to playing...



Isn't she too cute for words?! 

Then on Sunday my nephews came over for a couple hours and my brother and I played with them outside. They are growing up so fast; both of them were riding around on their bikes and begging for turns to ride on my brothers longboard with him. 

& Monday--
Monday morning I headed to Joliet to fill out a few forms for my internship this summer. In order to get to Joliet, I pass the elementary school that I used to work at my senior year of high school. I was in a program that allowed me to attend regular classes until 10:30am, and then go to the elementary school for the remainder of the school day. I worked with 2 wonderful, amazing 1st grade teachers who had some of the sweetest kids in their classes .I decided that I wanted to stop by on my way home to say hello. When pulling into the parking lot a rush of excitement and adrenaline raced through my veins. It was just like 4 years earlier-- pulling into the parking lot on a sunny day while the kids were playing on the playground. Such a happy place to be. 
I walked up to the school, which now has a new camera & speaker security system. I wasn't sure if they were going to let me in, but luckily, they did. The women at the front desk were not the same 2 ladies that worked there 4 years ago. I was sad they weren't the same, because the 2 women that used to work there were such great people. Since the new women didn't recognize me it took some explaining, but eventually they went a told one of the teachers I worked with, Mrs.K, that I had stopped by. 
She was on her lunch break in the faculty lounge, which was connected to the front office. When she heard I was there she came running out yelling and gave a hug. I honestly don't think I have EVER  seen someone so excited to see me!!! It was extremely heart-warming. She took me back to say hi to the other teacher I worked with; it was so nice seeing the both of them. 
Before leaving Mrs.K made sure that we exchanged phone numbers. She told me at least 5 times to let her know if I ever want to visit or to contact her if there is anything she can do for me. She is the sweetest! It made me feel so loved. As we were saying our goodbyes she gave me another hug and said that my visit made her entire month. Little does she know, she made my entire month :) 

I have been blessed with some of truly amazing people in my life.

Always stay in touch with people that have positively impacted your life. You never know how much a short conversation with that person can brighten your day. 

Xoxo, Kaila. 

Ohh & P.S.! -- I have over 1,000 views on my blog, how exciting!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment