Friday, October 12, 2012

The Countdown Begins...

After the past week or two I feel like I can finally breathe! & what a good feeling that is...

I definitely do have a love-hate relationship with school. & unfortunately me and school have been on that hate side lately. BUT, i'm done with papers and tests for a whole week before i have to start worrying about them again. Oh the life of a college student. Or should i say a procrastinating college student. *

I know i haven't written in over a week, and my last blog was a bit on the downside, but this week i have some pretty great news that have lifted my spirits!
Drum roll please...


I'M GOING TO CALIFORNIA!
In 76 short days i'll be riding bikes on the beach, eating In'N'Out and mango raspados, listening to Latino 96.3, walking underneath the palm trees, breathing in the salty ocean air, driving (or getting stuck in traffic) on the 405, speaking Spanglish, and most importantly doing all of these things with some of my favorite people!

& the best part is i'll be there for 15 days! (Last year i learned the hard way that one week is not enough--i'm sure 2 weeks won't be either, but hey at least it's a little better.)

I'm kind of a sucker for bucket lists, sooo one of my very best friends, Daisy, and I have decided to come up with a sort of 'Winter Break Bucket List'. Some of the items are pretty good if i do say so myself.
Here are a few examples:
-Riding bikes on the beach (yes, we did this last year when i was there over Thanksgiving, but this has to be on the list, it's a must!)
-Obviously PARTY! Now, that i'm officially part of the 21 Club !
-Find two boys, and go on a double date.
-Hike to the Hollywood sign (or at least as close as you can get to it).
-Go to Tarranea- i have no idea where this is, but Daisy said we definitely need to go, so i'm down.
-Watch a sunset and sunrise on the beach.

And we are still working on adding things...so clearly I'm going to be having a good time, as usual!

I seriously can't wait. I can't wait to see all of my friends.  I can't wait to see some of my friends families who i consider my own. California just really is love for me. The views, the people, the laughs, the memories.

Buying my ticket really couldn't have happened at a better time either, i really needed something to look forward to and something to motivate me to get through the rest of the semester. Now I have so much to look forward to!

See you soon LA, xoxo Kaila

2 comments: