Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Blue Bird

If you know me personally, you might know that I had a FaceTime session with a spirit medium, Brittany, back in May. It was my second time going to a medium; the first time I went was at least a decade ago. Both experiences were equally fascinating and moving.
I follow Brittany on Instagram (@BrittanyChannels) and last Wednesday she posted about "signs from your loved ones in spirit." In summary, she explained how you can communicate with your loved ones by asking them for a specific sign.
 I read her post Wednesday night shortly before falling asleep. When I woke up Thursday morning I decided that I wanted to ask my loved ones for a sign. As I got ready I contemplated what sign I wanted them to send me. I settled on a bird, but knew I had to be more specific than just 'bird' otherwise as soon as I walked outside I would spot a bird and be convinced it had worked. At first I thought about asking for a redbird. I went to Illinois State University, whose mascot happens to be Reggie the Redbird. I knew myself well enough to know that if I didn't come across a redbird throughout the day, I would just pull out one of my old ISU shirts by the end of the night to force it to happen. Therefore, I decided against a redbird and settled on asking for a bluebird. As I headed to work, driving alone in my car, I spoke it out loud, "show me a bluebird".  To be honest, I felt a little crazy saying it and it even sounded awkward to my own ears. But I wanted to make sure that if my loved ones in spirit were truly with me, that they would be able to hear me say it and wouldn't have to read my mind. I wanted to leave no room for error in this experiment.
 Halfway to work while sitting at a red light and I saw a flock of birds land on a telephone wire with the beautiful blue morning sky as their backdrop. I sat there and thought 'there it is! Not quite a bluebird, but birds and blue!' Deep down I knew that was stretching it. What can I say, I just really wanted it to happen! I wanted to believe that my loved ones do listen and pay attention to me. For the rest of the day I tried seeking out bluebirds everywhere. I looked for them in patterns on people's clothing and I scanned the sides of semi trucks while driving along the freeway, hoping that I'd see a bluebird on one of them. By the end of the day I still hadn't encountered any.
That evening I was hanging out with a friend and she told me how a loved one had visited her in her dream the night before. I immediately dive into my story about Brittany's Instagram post and my quest to find a bluebird. I was able to laugh at myself and the absurdity of my day's bluebird escapades. I went to bed a little disappointed but chalked it up to the fact that I was trying to force it rather then allowing it to happen naturally.
The next day (Friday) the idea of the bluebird only crossed my mind once or twice, fleetingly. I went about my day without trying to find a bluebird around every corner; my brain was back to normal. That evening I was on my way home from work and was exiting the freeway. When I took the left hand turn off of the freeway exit ramp and onto the street, I got behind a big yellow school bus. For a second I thought about switching lanes so I wouldn't be stuck behind the school bus, but it was as if something told me not to. Home was only about a mile or so away so I told myself to just stay behind the bus and be patient. When I pulled up behind the bus we were stopped at a red light, so after coming to a stop I looked down at my phone (I know, I know...at least we were at a red light!). A few seconds later I glance back up and the first thing my eyes see...
Can you believe it?!! I couldn't. My heart skipped a beat... I truly couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then tears sprang to my eyes. Happy, incredulous tears. I immediately snapped a picture and sent it to the friend I had shared my story with the evening before. Feelings of love and comfort enveloped me. To be honest, I'm still in awe. I shared my story with Brittany and she encouraged me to continue asking for signs from my loved ones. I haven't asked for another yet, I'm still soaking up the excitement and happiness that the bluebird brought me. But I do know that I am already looking forward to the next time my loved ones in spirit communicate with me, whenever that may be.

xoxox,
Kaila

No comments:

Post a Comment